Life has become highly fast-paced and we are not judicious in choosing the foods we eat. So, we do not get all the vitamins and nutrients we need. Especially, women do not get the nutrition they require. If you are a woman, you should take multivitamins on a daily basis. They are very good dietary supplements that can supply vitamins and other nutrients to you. As a woman, the dosage you require is different from that of men because there are bound to be many hormonal changes in you at every stage of your life. Only by having the best vitamin regimen for women, you can get sufficient calcium, folic acid, iron, magnesium and Vitamin D and maintain your health well. Let us look into some of the best women’s multivitamins.
– “Women’s Health” magazine and ConsumerLab.com have jointly voted ‘One-A-Day Women’s’ as one the best women’s multivitamins. Since extra amounts of calcium, vitamin D, folic acid and iron are available in this, it can help women surmount birth defects. Even experts consider this as the best multivitamin for active women.
– Centrum Ultra Women’s has got its stamp of approval from ConsumerLab and Consumer Reports. This can supply adequate quantities of iron, folic acid, calcium and magnesium required by women for a day. Many health experts consider this as the best multivitamin for women.
– GNC Women’s Ultra Mega contains adequate amounts of all the vitamins and nutrients except Vitamin D that is available in slightly less amount. This multivitamin is an affordable alternative to big brands. A higher dose of magnesium is also available in this.
– Metabolic Maintenance FemOne has rich quantities of iron and folic acid. But, the levels of calcium and magnesium are far from satisfactory. Women can take this multivitamin along with other supplements that can supply nutrients like calcium and magnesium.
– As the name suggests, Viactiv Multivitamin Chews are chewable and soft and have the flavor of milk chocolate. But, they do not supply calcium a woman needs for a day.
– Vitabase Active Women’s Multi is a capsule and it contains vitamin D, iron, magnesium and folic acid. It helps menstrual regulation because it contains the herbs called dong quai and black cohosh. It also has the extract of cranberry and Uva ursi berries that can enhance the health of the bladder and the kidneys.
– Those who are particular about taking vegetarian-friendly multivitamins can choose Mother Nature Women’s Basic Multi. This contains adequate doses of vitamin D, folic acid and iron required for a day. It comes at an affordable cost also.
– Nature Made Multi For Her multivitamins are widely available and they supply optimum doses of vitamin D and folic acid, calcium and iron to women.
– Considered the best women’s multivitamin, Rainbow Light Just Once Natural Women’s One has extra doses of vitamin D and folic acid. This multivitamin uses herbs like dong quai and spirulina that are popularly known as the “women’s nourishing blend”. Probiotics that can improve the digestive system are also available in this dietary supplement.
– Puritan’s Pride Woman’s One Daily comes at a bargain price. It contains good doses of vitamin D, folic acid and iron. The specialty about this multivitamin is that it is free from gluten, yeast and lactose.
Women can derive many benefits from these top rated womens multivitamins. They can cure spina bifida or split spine that is a neural tube birth defect and that may affect pregnant women. Women can have increased immunity and so, can protect themselves from infectious diseases. Older women, who are prone to be affected by hip problems including fractures, can have strong hips since they get adequate supply of calcium and vitamin D. Even low-income women should take affordable multivitamins because there may be incidences of preterm and birth of low-weight infants. These dietary supplements protect women from osteoporosis also. Thus, there will be a significant reduction in the health care costs for women.