WASHINGTON — White House doctor Sean Conley walked back comments made at a news briefing outside of Walter Reed Medical Center on Saturday, during which he said President Donald Trump is doing well 72 hours into his COVID-19 diagnosis.
Speaking to reporters earlier in the day, Conley said the president had been fever-free for 24 hours and was having no difficulty breathing or walking around. Conley also said Trump was in “exceptionally good spirits.”
Conley’s rosy outlook on the president’s health contradicts an account included in a White House pool report Saturday in which an anonymous source “familiar with the president’s health” said, “The president’s vitals over the last 24 hours were very concerning and the next 48 hours will be critical in terms of his care. We are still not on a clear path to a full recovery.”
According to The Associated Press, Trump chief of staff Mark Meadows